Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blog Kick Off: 2nd Quarter

So here we go again, second quarter and blogging again. I didn't get such a good grade last time but I'm hoping to do better this time. Although i didn't the grade i would've preferred but i still did somethings right. According to my teacher, I had good writing, compared to some of my class mates. I made sure to type my blogs like i was typing a paper which turned out to be a good choice instead of writing like some people text or talk on Facebook. Somethings I could have definitely done better were things like, having more paragraphs when necessary. Also, my animoto didn't make the viewer really want to watch the movie like it was supposed to. My goals for this quarter are to try to pay more attention to what the blog prompt is actually asking me to do and to enjoy blogging more.
   My feelings about blogging are kind of back and forth. I do enjoy the break from class work it gives us and how it is something completely different from something I've done before since i have never blogged before. I also do enjoy how the blogs are different every week and apparently this quarter is going to be different then the last so that is something to look forward to. There are some things about blogging that i don't enjoy. Like how each blog requires you to have multiple long paragraphs like the ones i am typing right now. Also if you fall behind on your blogging it can be very time consuming but we do get class time to do it, it's just sometimes i don't get it done in class.
   The book I am reading right now is called Ship Breaker, by Paolo Bacigalupi. It seems like a pretty interesting book so far. My friends who read it last quarter seemed to of really enjoyed it up to the end but i am not that far yet so i wouldn't know. As to what people can expect to see on my blog this quarter is what i basically said in my first paragraph. I plan to go more in depth with what my blog prompt is asking of me and i plan to enjoy blogging more and try to keep up with it better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jack, It's Michael. I decided to come on over to your blog, and post a comment. I looked back over what you did last quarter, and i kinda enjoyed it. Around the world in 80 days in on my list for next quarter. And with your insight, I think it will be a most enojoyable read. Onto this quarter, I definitely agree with you stand on the argument of shorthand typing on the blogosphere, I think we should for sure stick to keeping the blogs both conversational and enjoyable, but also at the same time businesslike and professional. The surprise element of blogging is really here this quarter, that I can agree on. I will tell you to for sure ask your teacher about a unique creative blog assignment you can do aside from all of the ones that are considered the norm, so to speak. Doing a creative and more unique assignment could really help add more to the whole blogging experience and make it more enjoyable overall. Try not to fall behind this quarter either, blogging keeps us on our toes, and being on your toes sharpens your talons, cause we all wanna be eagles man. Enjoy your new book!

    ReplyDelete