Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Conclussion/ Summary Post

   For my last post I would like to write about the things I like and disliked about this quarter of blogging which deals with everything and not just my book. First, although I was not one of the ones in the front row Skyping with the other school I still found it very interesting that we as a class were able to talk to a completely different class that was no where near us. Although this was really cool to me I was disappointed when Mrs. Hayes told us that we were only going to be able to do maybe a total of two or three times with that class because of a certain schedule that they have. Second... I really have to learn to not procrastinate. Although I might have been out of class one or two blog days, what I had to put my self through the past day or two was ridiculous. These blogs are a very big deal in Mrs. Hayes class because they count as a whole quarter writing assignment so they are worth a lot of points that would probably not be good to lose. So basically I have to start spending the time that I am given throughout the quarter in class on my blogs instead of messing around, for this last quarter.
   All in all my book, From Baghdad, With Love,  was a very enjoyable book. It was questionable at first whether i was going to like it or not but that changed quickly. Since I am a dog person and I actually have a soul my heart was warmed by the little puppy that was described in the book so I kept wanting to turn the page to find out was was going to happen to him next. Also I did enjoy the ending which I keep wanting to tell you about. But that wouldn't be any fun for you now would it? Anyway another thing that caught my interest in the book was all the fighting that would take place. I mean what guy does not like big guns and explosions? But there was one thing that I didn't necessarily like and that was that the book was kind of written like a journal. Now it might only seem that way because he was narrating in first person so there might not have been anything he could do about it. Anyway this was a very good read, I don't regret picking it up at the start of the quarter and choosing it, and recommend this book to anyone who likes war and puppies... but especially puppies...

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds very interesting. I have one question though; Is the book solely focused on the dog or is it trying to tell the story of the war through stories about a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack,I love puppies and this book! It is such a cool story. You are a pretty good blogger, so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete