Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Music link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2JSUXaY-tw&ob=av3n

   The piece of music that I picked to go along with my book was "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. It seemed like a good song to relate to the book because of how Lava becomes Jay's best friend. I wasn't sure if I was going to use this song or not because it is about a guy being in love with a girl and how they are so in love that she is his best friend. But this song is also almost perfect in describing the Marine and his dog's relationship. In the book, From Baghdad, With Love, Lt. Jay Kopelman falls in love with this dog named Lava and wants to do what ever is necessary to get him back to the U.S.
   A line in the song that I thought related to the book was actually the first line of the song "Ooh you make me live, whatever this world can give to me" It is Lava that gives the Lt. more hope to go on while fighting in the war and Lava gives all those soldiers something to look forward to doing and taking care of when they get back to there housing complex. Also it relates to "whatever this world can give to me" because when you are out in war you don't have much of anything so in this case you can say that the world gave the Lt. the dog. Another line that I thought could relate was "You're the first one,when things turn out bad, you know I'll never be lonely, you're my only one, and I love the things, I really love the things that you do, you're my best friend." This section of the song can relate to the relationship between the man and dog because when things get bad out at war the Lt. comes back and has Lava who is basically is best friend, and since he and the other troops have Lava they will never be lonely. In the song when it says I love the things you do, that can relate to the Marines loving the little cute things Lava did while he was still a pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment