Thursday, February 23, 2012

From Baghdad, With Love

   This quarter my Read for a Life Time book of choice was From Baghdad with Love  by Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman with Melinda Roth. I wasn't so sure about getting this book at first because I could see how it might be boring or not as cool as some of the other books. But I have enjoyed it a lot since I have started reading it because I myself am a dog person. I have both a dog and a cat at home and I like both of them but I really couldn't see there being a book about a cat in the military... anyway. I highly suggest reading this book because it has been very intriguing and actually kind of funny what the dog does. There are some sad parts in this book of course but it does have a happy ending.
   This book is about a dog named Lava and a Lieutenant named Jay Kopelman and his military team. As they walk down a hall way in a housing facilities where the U.S. Marines are staying they hear an unusual noise, when they go and check it out they are still a little wired from there day of fighting and patrolling and all of the sudden they see this little ball of fur that is a little puppy. They name the puppy Lava off of the military group in Hawaii named the Lava Dogs. As time goes on and they continue to break the rules of having a pet in the facility, Jay and everyone else becomes really attached to Lava and wants to make sure he gets back to the U.S. This mission is a very hard one because it is a dog they have found in Iraq that they are not even supposed to have in the first place. Does Lava get to return home with Jay or will they be forced to part when Jay goes home? You will just have to read the book and find out!

1 comment:

  1. Jack, I have to tell you, this post is most defiantly the reason I chose to read "From Baghdad, With Love". The way you pulled me in with each sentence. It sounds like you wrote this post for me. You must have known I have a soft spot for puppy's when you recommended this book to me.
    However Jack, I have a few questions and concerns. I have two cats so I don't know if I can relate to how the author feels towards dogs. Most of the time Flaming Swords of Fire simply sleeps in a chair and doesn't show any emotions. Also, maybe I could come to you if I found the book to be confusing. Sometimes that happens and I have to use the internet to find answers. Well, keep up the good work. I've read every one of your posts and they are all little posts from Heaven. Bye Jack

    ReplyDelete