Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Music Blog 4th Quarter

                                                               The song that I think of when I read this book is Wavin Flag by Knaan. This song became very popular during the 2010 World Cup which was held in Africa and was basically its theme song. It is very inspirational if you have never heard it before which would be kind of hard to believe if you say you haven't. It can be interpreted as a pump up song or just a song you listen to for the joy of it, my soccer team actually listens to it before everyone of our home games to pump us up.
   I think that this song relates to the book because no matter what Salva or Nya are going through they continue to find the inspiration to push through it. In Nya's case she has to walk for miles until she gets to the nearest water source and after the rebels attack Salva's camp he has to walk for days upon days until he and his group can get to a safer place. Just like the song says "When I get older, I will be stronger" Salva  is now living in New York and is very healthy and much stronger then he was while he lived in Africa just as a boy. The way i see it is, both Nya and Salva found the drive to keep moving forward in their lives just like how I think this song makes a lot of people feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment