Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Third Quarter Reflection and Fourth Quarter Book

   Last quarter was a pretty successful one in terms of my blogging. I was able to finish all the blogs that were due at the end of the quarter and get all of my ning posts done. It seemed a little more enjoyable to blog last quarter because we didn't have to do certain type of blogs but we got to be creative with them and do the type of blogs we wanted. The nice thing about that is you can show the reader of your blog how you see the book and really what you thought of it. Another good thing is that we get to do the same thing again this quarter and then we will be done with our read for a life time assignment and get a cool certificate! A pretty awesome thing about doing the Read for a Life time book list was that we got to miss school and go see the Hunger Games the day it came out and everything just because we had technically completed the list. To top it all off I did end up getting an A without rewriting them and all and was really happy.
   For the 4th quarter blog assignment I decided to go with a book that looked interesting but looked like an easy read and short at the same time because it's the last quarter and I didn't want to have to try that hard to understand or finish my book. Anyway, I chose to read A long Walk to Water, by Linda Sue Park. The book is about a girl named Nya, based about 4 years ago, and a little boy named Salva, based about 27 years ago, living in a place called Sudan, Africa. I know this sounds weird but it is like two different stories going on at once. Park is able to pull this off by giving you a brief taste of what is going on in Nya's life at the beginning of every new chapter and then continues on with what Salva is doing. She is able to keep a constant story with both and if you can keep up, which you should be able to, it is actually very interesting. Like I said earlier about picking a shorter book for my fourth quarter, this book was only about 120 pages so it seems like it was over maybe a little to fast. All in all it was a very good book in my opinion especially since it was based off real life events! I suggest reading this book and also hope to keep my followers interested with my blogs seeing as how this is my last quarter blogging as a Junior and I want to show off my experience and go out with a bang!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this! It seems like a very great book with problems we do not see here where we live. Must be eye-opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really interesting book. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete